Sunday, July 6, 2008

Just me venting a bit...

I am so sick of:

1) suggestions that my life would instantly be better and less stressful if I went out and "found me a girl"

2) everyone assuming that the only reason I'm single is that I "haven't found the right one yet" and to "just wait..she will come along"

3) questions like "was she hot?" or "did you see her? why don't you go talk to her?"

4) being set up

5) being told that I'm being prayed for that I will be matched up soon.

What if those who pray such things had their prayer answered and it looked much different than they had imagined? Would they still consider that an answer to prayer? What if I say this is who I am, who God created me to be, and I have been led to accept this--would they deny my own spiritual conscience and assert that they somehow know the ways of God better than I do?

What if those who truly care that wish for me to be happy knew who I really was. Would they wish the same things for me?

I wish I did not have this issue looming over me. It was much easier when I suppressed and ignored it. I have some many other things on my mind and this seems to bully around all of the other urgent things that I need to get done. Sometimes I wonder what more I could accomplish if I were a "normal" man who happened to be straight.

2 comments:

KJ said...

Oh how I hated the "set ups." Coming out took care of that, but I later I realized it might have been easier to first have come home with a tough, motorcycle driving, goth-like lesbian, then when I brought a man home, it would have looked a whole lot better (Not that I have anything against tough, motorcycle-driving, goth-like lesbians.).

"Would they deny my own spiritual conscience and assert that they somehow know the ways of God better than I do?"

At first, that likely will be an affirmative.

By the way, "normal" is way overrated (and non-existent).

gay, christian and scared shitless said...

Dude, you know where I am. :-)